A startup script to enable autorun.inf virus protection Some virus create autorun.inf file to enable automatic file execution when you browse the folder,, which is very annoying... you can create a folder with the same name and in this case the virus would have trouble to write to that file. "Autorun.inf" even can not be overwritten because it is a folder... Put the script at the startup to make sure every drive has a hidden folder "autorun.inf" @echo off REM A Batch Script to Create Folder 'autorun.inf' REM This can prevent autorun.inf virus. REM Free to use, put at startup recommended. REM by Zhihua Lai, 2 - Dec - 2008 for %%i in (A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do call :sub %%i goto end :sub echo Checking %1: ... if not exist %1:\nul goto notfound if exist %1:\autorun.inf\nul goto already if exist %1:\autorun.inf goto clean goto done :clean echo Removing File %1:\autorun.inf ... attrib -r -a -s -h %1:\autorun.inf del %1:\autorun.inf :done echo Making Directory '%1:\autorun.inf' ... mkdir %1:\autorun.inf :already echo Attributing Directory '%1:\autorun.inf' ... attrib +r +a +s +h %1:\autorun.inf goto end :notfound echo Skipping %1: ... :end Batch Script to Enable autorun.inf virus protection